Friday, 16 October 2009

Creating my website

Formatting my images to the correct size and quality. Balancing the two factors is difficult but important.

I used tables to set up the site, they are basically grids and rules used as framework in my design.

I previewed my site in a browser, and here is how the initial layout will look, with the title of my site at the top.

Here is a basic layout of my homepage, I'm keeping it simple and concentrating on navigation. This is a preview in Dreawaeaver...

However, when previewed in safari the contact box shifts to a previous version. I think this is easily fixed, just a matter of altering some HTML in the site code..

I learnt a simple yet useful tip fom the session, the small asterix in the top bar of any editing software program (illustrator, photoshop, dreamweaver..) notifys you that the file has been altered but not yet saved after that. The asterix dissapears when the document is saved.

Saturday, 10 October 2009

Business Card re-designed

Here is my prototype of my new business card. The cards' construction plays on my worm character, the card folds out into a long blue worm which holds my name and contact info. The card folds into a standard square business card format (55mm x 55mm).

Concertina-fold Booklet.

Here's a prototype of the concertina booklet which will show examples of my work and sit inside the case (previous post).

Case - remade

After creating a new logo, I decided to re-design my mailshot. Here is the case which will hold examples of my work. I have incorporated this blue worm character, opening the package will free him!
This is only a prototype, final print/construction will be on Monday.

Thursday, 1 October 2009

CD case - Mail Shot - Perforating.

I planned to perforate my CD case via the vinyl cutter. This didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped as after testing the cutter it wouldn't work as my stock was too small for the size of the cutting area. This is something to come back to however, I just need to source a larger size of stock. Easier said than done!

After the cutter failing, I decided to make a prototype of the case by perforating by hand. This wasn't successful as i wasn't prescise enough with my cutting, and the package just ripped when I attempted to open it.
However, this proto serves as a good indication of how the final resolution will look.

Perforation in packaging.

Here's a perforated top used on Toblarone packaging, the perforation continues all the way around the package. I plan to use this method for my CD package.